Tuesday 19 March 2013

What is an Interim Manager

Working for the self styled owner of a business brings its own rewards and frustrations but what did I expect ?

Some days I am expected to be everything he does not want to be on the day , but  usually when there is a problem, self inflicted or unforseen.

The key is that when I was running businesses for the Corporate Pound, I was the main decision maker but with help from all of my employees we usually made the right decisions, at least most of the time.

Also we had a clear strategy which was born out of a desire to give the customer the ultimate service and of course the shareholder the best available Profit performance.

Humility is key in this situation as the present owner is unaware about the processes of business management , but how much commitment , I ask myself, does he have to change and remember all that key learnings from our journey thus far.

This , I am sure is typical of the SME business owner dare I say, but my main mission is to help him understand the concept of "making haste slowly".

Nothing changes till it changes and things do not happen by divine intervention whichever god is preferred, so road-maps and commitment to improve things underlines my solution.

Oh and reserves of patience that I did not even know I had.

Welcome to my world !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment